Cat in the Hat Bento (2)
Dr. Seuss bento lunches continue with our second Cat in the Hat bento.
We have made a Lorax bento…
and a Cat in the Hat bento…
My preschooler is such a fan of the Cat in the Hat, that I thought we should make a second one. It’s really simple, too – you just need a few little props and tools.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- Bento picks (I used a chalkboard toothpick with a label I made, a pinwheel toothpick, and a couple of cat bento picks)
- Paper cut in a circle and a skinny black sharpie (for “thing 2”)
- a couple of silicone muffin liners (preferably red and blue)
- a cat sandwich press like this one
- a divided bento box (I like this one from planet box)
- tiny flower cookie cutters
- bell pepper cut into flowers (check out this easy tutorial)
- coin-cut carrots (I buy them pre-cut at the grocery store)
- black olives or other food your child enjoys threaded on the toothpicks
- blueberries, cut strawberries, cut kiwi, or other cut fruit
- a baby bel cheese wheel, unpeeled, with the “thing 2” label taped on it
- a few slices of white cheese and red bell pepper or tomato for the cat’s hat
- a sandwich, pressed into the cat cookie cutter
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.